Friday, December 04, 2009

"A Stiff Penis"

Spitzer, Letterman, & Woods
(not the law firm)


Obviously Eliot, David, and Tiger all have some things in common. Let’s see: They’re all pretty wealthy. They are all very good at what they do. They’re all college graduates, as far as I know. They are all married. They have all experienced tremendous success in their respective careers, and “the limelight”. They all have or had remarkable power. They have all cheated on their wives, as far as I know, and they all have a penis, as far as I know. No doubt there are more similarities.

Where do we go from here?

There are at least 360 different directions we could go, and that’s only in our Universe.

Why did these men cheat? Why does anybody cheat? I suspect there are as many answers to this question as grains of sand on the beach.

Perhaps human beings are not by nature monogamous? Few species mate for life.
The divorce rate is above 50%. What is really going on here?

Countless research has been done. Whatever the theory or belief, a study can be found to support or refute it.
And let’s not even get in to religion!

To this point we have about 203 words, and honestly, how many are really necessary for this? They cheated, purportedly. Is it our business? Must we know every dirty detail? I think not.

Why then am I writing about this? And why is this all over our media? Are too many of us “media whores”? Are we obsessed with watching people on pedestals tumble off? You’re asking me?
I haven’t a clue!

What is the point of this essay? That, my friend, is entirely up to you. Perhaps we should all simply focus on our own lives.

And lastly as my father was fond of saying:

“A stiff penis has no mind!”

Frank Landfield
Palm Desert, CA
12/04/2009

No comments: